Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 3

This week we learned how to create a Wiki. I created a simple Wiki about cartooning for my potential art students. I understand how a wiki can be beneficial for organizing information and teaching a lesson I just don't know if I would use them. Maybe it would be a good assignment to have students add to the wiki their favorite cartoon characters. I love cartoons but I am not up to date on all the new shows. Kids could even post videos from Youtube of clips from their favorite shows. It would be great for students to compare and contrast their favorite shows and characters. Children could then design their own cartoon characters and a short 10 panel comic strip. We could scan the comic strips and character designs and post them on the wiki for friends and family to see. This would be a great way to get parents involved. Parents could post older cartoon characters and clips the children might not know. I feel this project would work well with a wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment