Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Week 8



Here is my presentation for back to school night. I have taken each of the 21st Century Skills and explained how students will use those skills in art class. I really like how you can embed a slide presentation. It looks very professional and allows you to outline things in a visual way. Embedding a slide presentation to a website will allow you to access it from anywhere with use of the internet. That way if you are giving a presentation you do not need to carry around a flash drive or laptop.

Art is in danger of being cut from many school programs. It is important for me to be able to tell parents and administrators what students can learn from an art education. So many life skills can be taught from art. Art requires students to think outside the box and create something new and original. Art inspires creativity and imagination. These abilities are invaluable to society and allow for new inventions and ideas to take form.

2 comments:

  1. I didnt know are is being cut from school programs. Thats sad. There is so many things students can learn from art class. I do agree with you that art inspires creativity. With a great presentation and new ideas students will be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art being cut from school programs is a horrible thing, I agree. I like your presentation but one thing I might add is a piece or two of your student's work. This would really hit people in the heart and allow them to jump on the bandwagon to help save art programs. Students can really gain a lot from the freedom and creativity that art classes can cultivate.

    ReplyDelete